Nebraska Wesleyan University – 2005 B.A. (summa cum laude)
University of Nebraska – 2010 J.D. (with distinction)
State Bar of Nebraska
Michael G. Kuzma
Mr. Kuzma focuses on antitrust, and unfair competition litigation. Prior to joining MoginRubin LLP, Mr. Kuzma was a staff attorney with a leading Philadelphia-based plaintiff antitrust litigation firm where he managed a team of bilingual e-discovery professionals on the In Re Auto Parts Antitrust Litigation case. Fluent in written and spoken Japanese, Mr. Kuzma worked at one of the Big Four Japanese law firms in Tokyo in tax and general business transactions; in addition, he worked under Nebraska Governor Dave Hieneman managing the State of Nebraska’s Japan Trade Office and State Trade and Export grant programs.
Mr. Kuzma earned his J.D. from the University of Nebraska with honors in 2010 where he was a David L. Boren Fellow to Temple University Beasley School of Law in Tokyo, and his B.A from Nebraska Wesleyan University where he was an Asia Freeman Scholar to Kwansei Gakuin University in Kobe, Japan. Since 2013, Mr. Kuzma has taught Business Law and International Business Law as an adjunct professor at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
• “Chapter 6: Probate and Administration: General Provisions, Jurisdiction, Venue, and Statute of Limitations,” 2018 Nebraska Probate Manual (2018).
• “Due Diligence and Discovery for Small Business M&A in the USA”, presented at Senshu University in Tokyo (2016).
• ACES Wild: An introduction to carbon emissions taxes and possible effects of the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 (“ACES”). Published as 125 Tax Notes 319 (October 19, 2009).
• President Obama’s Tax Proposals: Implications for US businesses operating in Japan. Published in the Roppongi Bar Association Newsletter, August 2009.
• International Tax Issues Raised in the NTA’s Annual Report. Tax Notes International Newsletter (November 2009).
• Abridged Translation of Hiyoki Corp. v. Codif International S.A.S., Tokyo District Court (April 4, 2008, Case No. 28142025), 52 The Japanese Yearbook of International Law 9 (2009).
• Kicking the Habit: Nebraska’s 1903 Anti-Cigarette Law. Published in Nebraska History, Fall 2005 edition.